Youth Aviator Activities
COPPERSTATE Fly-In fosters curiosity and helps to build a solid foundation in educating youths on aviation. Not only can aspiring aviators view amazing aircraft at Copperstate, we’re also keeping the dream alive with various educational activities, a scholarship program, and providing educational links on our site. Check out the opportunities on this page.
COPPERSTATE is accepting applications for the 2019 Air Academy Scholarship in Oshkosh, WI.
COPPERSTATE will be sending two or more cadets to the Air Academy. To be considered as a candidate for scholarship the student must:
- Be 16-18 years of age
- Be a Young Eagle
- Write a Letter of Interest *
- Provide two Letters of Reference from non-family members
- Be available to travel between July 18-26, 2019 or July 28-August 5, 2019 (for Advanced Camp)
- Provide some personal expenses
- Write a follow-up report
- Be available to attend COPPERSTATE in February at Buckeye Municipal Airport in Buckey, and speak about their experiences at an Air Academy/Young Eagle Forum or Awards Banquet.
*Suggested topics to include for the Letter of Interest:
- Why you want to attend the EAA Air Academy?
- What aviation experiences, education, or training do you have to date?
- What aviation interests do you have and/or would like to gain from your EAA Air Academy experience?
- What aviation related career goals do you have that could be further advanced from your experiences at the EAA Air Academy?
The Application, Letter of Interest and Referrals (4 items) need to be mailed to me (please see info below).
To be considered for the COPPERSTATE Fly-In scholarship, DO NOT send this paperwork to Oshkosh, WI.
Thanks for your interest and participation in this wonderful program. It is a life changing opportunity and will forever put aviation in the participant’s life!
Please send the information to:
Cheri McGunagle, Scholarship Chairman
3153 W. Spirit Dr.
Anthem, AZ 85086